Money

Just had another thought I'd like to share.

It's interesting what one can find out when they go do a little on-line research in the public domain.

My opponent in the recent election raised over $40,000 for his campaign. Awesome!
From the financial records posted, it appears that only ONE of those donations ($500) came from an individual, and that individual doesn't reside in the district. All the rest of the donations were from what appears to be political action committees, with some of them being out-of-state entities, and the address of one of the PAC's being the same as the address of the one individual contributor.

I raised approximately $4,000, from friends and family, and business owners in the district. Only one of my donations came from a political action committee ($150).

My opponent was so flush with cash that he even donated $10,000 to the House Truman Fund.

So....was the election about issues and who really will represent the people of the Northeast side best, or was it about somebody being propped-up in the Statehouse with PAC money?

Does the question become: "How much does it cost to get and 'keep' a State Representative?"

Someone should ask those PACs and unions....do you really think you're getting your money's worth?

I would encourage everyone to keep an eye on the Statehouse this year. A close eye.

...and one hand on your wallet.

my two cents worth.

--Larry Voorhees

Comments

Uhhhh....you took money from a PAC too. Your posts sounds like sour grapes to me. What you're essentially saying is that you taking PAC money is okay, but your opponent doing it is questionable and means he was bought. Why is that? Because he got more PAC money than you? You're definitely on your way to becoming a true politician, Mr. Voorhees.

Popular posts from this blog

The Directionally Challenged

Who I am, and Why I'm running

Thanksgiving