In the meantime...

I've always been an avid reader. When I was a kid, my folks would always be getting after me, because rather than doing chores (or homework), I'd almost always have my nose buried in a book.
Absolutely loved the Hardy Boys series, and Tom Swift, Jr. I guess I had a real taste for action/adventure stuff. As I got older, and was living out west, I discovered Louis L'Amour, and especially his Sackett Series.
In the past year or so, one of my students (who also is a pastor) and I have taken to writing action/adventure novels. These have been a great deal of fun for us, and I thought I'd share them with you. Well, at least with those of you that like reading that sort of thing.
How to describe them? Well, action/adventure, with a martial arts twist, drama, intrigue, plot twists, mystery....pretty well sprinkled with a strong spiritual base, as well.
If you're truly interested, we've published the first two in the series on Lulu.com. You can see the "brag sheets" and ordering information by going to:
http://stores.lulu.com/5Tenets.
I'd be very interested to hear what those of you that read them think about them.

my two cents worth today...

--Larry Voorhees

Comments

After seeing your comment on Ted Sporer's blog, I wanted to convey my request that you turn back on your pledge to run again in 2010. There's a reason that you lost 2:1, your views are what is tearing this party apart; it's the reason I'm ashamed to call myself a Republican. You alienate young voters and stick to this idea of traditional, biblical "morals." There's a reason Republicans keep losing and there's no doubt this is playing a part.

Hands down, we have the better views on taxation and economic policy, but what happened to limited government? That's what made this party great. It was Barry Goldwater and his desire to keep government out of everything it could; it was the ideas of John Stuart Mill into contemporary times. Where'd that go? Now we attempt to take away a woman's right to choose. We tell loving couples they can't marry or adopt. We spit on the Constitution and its separation of church and state, not to mention the 4th amendment. Why can’t you accept that the best government is that which governs least? Your rhetoric certainly suggests it, but you have no problem telling people neither what to do in their bedrooms nor whom to love.

The party needs to get back to its basics and tell the religious right where to shove it. A decision by you to not run again would certainly be a good start.
You're welcome to not vote for me, imion.
I will not stand aside from my moral base. If I don't have an anchor, then I am free to drift about on any prevailing whim. Sorry, that's what I see as the primary thing that is wrong with our society today. Without an anchor, we, as a people and a country, are lost.
If you don't want me to run in 2010, then move to my district, and run against me in the Primary, and beat me. It's a simple process.
--Larry Voorhees

Popular posts from this blog

The Directionally Challenged

Who I am, and Why I'm running

Thanksgiving