Robbing Peter to pay Paul

We have a budget set up for our household. X-number of dollars is set aside for paying the house payment, x-number of dollars is set aside for making the car payment, x-number of dollars is budgeted for food, clothing, gas, etc.
How responsible of me would it be to take, say, $100 from the mortgage payment, and decided to spend it on more food, or more gas, or on a fancy night out? Wouldn't that upset the delicate balance of our household budget?
I don't know about your household, but we simply can't afford to be that lackadaisical with our finances. I don't know of too many people that can.

Yet, there are those who think nothing of taking money that has been brought into the state coffers for one thing, and simply "re-assigning" it to something else.

To me, that smells of "bait-and-switch". I was told that this amount of my tax dollars was being collected for this particular budget item, but wait! Now it's being spent on something else!

Responsible? No, I don't think so.

But then again, doing what I tell people I'm going to do makes sense to me. How about you?

My two cents worth.

-Larry Voorhees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Directionally Challenged

Who I am, and Why I'm running

Thanksgiving