Renaissance

"Renaissance Man". That's what I like to hear. "Jack of all trades, master of none" is what my mind tells me that people are saying, though, when I hear "Renaissance Man".
Does it mean I'm not a "complete person" just because I really enjoy doing a large variety of things? Does it mean I'm not an "adult"... a "grown-up"?
Or, does it mean that I really am one of those people that simply must experience as many different things as possible in his/her life, and strives to do at least reasonably well at whatever they touch?
To be honest, I don't know "the answer". I know an answer.

Take this week, for example.
Work all day Monday (project management stuff at my day-job).
Teach Taekwondo Monday night.
Tuesday, work all day, attend Small Group from church Tuesday evening. We're studying "The Truth Project". Very fascinating stuff.
Wednesday, work all day, tonight we'll do something special, as my wife got a new position at her day-job, and she's really excited about it, and I'm really excited for her.
Thursday, work all day, need to stop by Taekwondo class and deliver some stuff, then have some people we're meeting that evening, and need to get my hunting stuff organized.
Friday, day off, have a couple of appointments, need to finish organizing my hunting stuff, because..
Saturday, opening day of Early Muzzleloader season for deer, and my buddy (and co-author) Randy, and his wife are coming down to chase Bambi with me.
Hunting Saturday, and, if we don't snag/tag/bag them on Saturday, then Sunday and Monday, as well.
Also need to finish closing the swimming pool, probably Monday afternoon.
Plus, need to do some more reading/studying for the Kukkiwon Instructors' Course I'm attending next weekend.
Plus, need to work on Book 3 in the 5 Tenets series, as well as pound out a couple more chapters in the book I'm working on by myself.
Eclectic? Unfocused?
I don't think so. I am enjoying myself immensely, and I hope that I'm positively impacting the people in my life.
Jack of all trades, master of none? Well, that's not exactly true, as, technically, I'm a Taekwondo "master". :)
And I don't think it's because I have ADD...it's just that....oh look! A Squirrel!

my two cents worth today. :)

--Larry Voorhees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Directionally Challenged

Who I am, and Why I'm running

Thanksgiving