Deer 3, Larry 0

OK, so I spent an absolutely gorgeous three days in the woods, hunting Bambi and/or his mother. Tons of tracks, lots of fresh sign, well-used trails, some new buck scrapes and rubs...and didn't see a blessed thing all 3 days. Now, granted, it was unseasonably warm, and there was a great deal of hunting pressure in the area we were, but....I didn't see a single deer. You'd think there'd be at least one stupid one out there that would wander into my rifle-sights.

Oh well, maybe the Minnesota deer haven't heard of my legendary marksmanship, and I can snag one of them when we go visit my daughter and son-in-law next month.

On another note, I did an online interview with a writer/reviewer/blogger based in Ohio, Nikiti Puhalsky. Had some good questions about being a writer, and working with a co-author. Interview should be up on her website (www.npuhalsky.com) sometime in the next day or two. Along the writing lines, progress is being made both on Book 3 in the 5 Tenets series, as well as my first solo venture. Hoping to have both of them completed and ready to be in-market before Christmas. Aiming for Thanksgiving, actually.

Headed to Chicago this weekend to take part in the Kukkiwon Instructors' Course. First time it's been offered outside of Korea. In the back of my mind, I had always planned on attending "at some point in the future"; however, when it came up that it was going to be offered here in the States, and in Chicago (only 6 hours away!), I jumped at the chance. Wish me luck as I attempt to absorb what is usually a week-long course in the 48 hours that we will have.

my two cents worth today. :)

--Larry Voorhees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Directionally Challenged

Who I am, and Why I'm running

Thanksgiving